Sunday, December 20, 2009

Just a Start of a Journey

Originally written 12/20/09 - Rewritten 5/5/13
When I first started this blog, it was mostly for a place to post photos I took of my horses because I didn't want to flood my Musings blog with photos. At that time I was also editing photos I had taken, along with pictures my friends had taken. Then in the last couple years I have really been interested in getting better at taking photos and not doing much, if any, editing to the pictures. I also moved my focus from just taking pictures of my horses and other people's horses to taking pictures of the small details of nature around me. I also started taking an interest in doing photos of people. I especially love taking pictures of individuals, families, children, as well as people with their animals.

After I did a few family pictures, I had a few people ask about buying prints through me as well as Christmas Cards. That got me into looking into designing cards. Since then, I have designed my parent's Christmas cards as well as the one for Tyler and I. Hoping to possibly do more of this the longer I take pictures for others.
I upgraded my camera from a point and shoot to a Canon Rebel T2i with the standard EF-S 18-55mm IS II Lens. I got to know my camera better with that lens and have gotten two other lenses. I haven't looked back since and am excited to see where this journey will continue to take me.

Read more about what is in my camera bag visit MY CAMERA GEAR.