Thursday, August 14, 2014

Deep Sea Fishing and Family Trip

 My youth group went deep sea fishing down in Barnegat Light, NJ. We went on June 21st. I caught one fish which was too small to keep but also I caught a star fish which I kept and dried :) It was a very enjoyable day on the water.


 There were some neat boats we saw on the way out to fish

 the lighthouse

I had a wonderful day with my youth group doing something I had never done before. I think deep sea fishing is fun and would do it again if given the chance.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Our Family Trip
Our family went on a trip to Watkins Glen, NY, July 7-13. On our way to NY we stopped in Bradford, PA where my parents had lived for 3 or so years. I actually lived the first 2 years of my life there. It was neat seeing where we had lived (I had been back before but this time I took pictures). After we left Bradford we headed into NY. We stopped in Corning and then from there went up to Watkins Glen. Watkins Glen has lots of waterfalls. We didn't walk the whole way through the park but I really enjoyed seeing the waterfalls we did see.
 You walk across the bridge pictures to get into the Watkins Glen Park in NY to view the many waterfalls.



 a bridge we saw overhead while walking through the park
 Our next stop after Watkins Glen was Seneca Lake. We took an hour boat ride on the lake. Definitely saw some very beautiful scenery.
 a waterfall emptying into the lake
 sailboat we saw on the lake


my sister Rose Mary and I
Paddle Boat in Williamsport, PA
 Lights while tenting

camping

We spent one night in Williamsport, PA. We had taken a paddle boat ride there in Williamsport on the Susquehanna and then the next day we headed for home. We got home and unpacked some stuff but then packed up and ended our family vacation camping at a campground close by. It was a great way to end the family vacation.

Well I believe that pretty much catches up all my blog posts as far as my excursions this past year so far. I have one coming about my trip to Chincotegue this past weekend but I still need to got through the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment